Share & Connect
FB – Let’s Be Friends
«This is it» would have said our dear dead Jackson! By the way, I saw his clone at the train station today, I told you he wasn’t dead!
Anyway, so that’s it, I’m a German now! It was quite weird when I went for the first time to the university. I was expecting something like I don’t know, like any French university, you know a poor building who gives the impression to be promised to demolition within one week! A place with more cables on the floor than chairs in the classrooms. But apparently I traded my old french university to a 2 kilometer long campus. God, I promise you, it took me almost 20 minutes to walk across this place, and well finally I found the «Erasmus welcome place». Funny thing, I think it would have taken me the same amount of time to find the same thing but in one of our old french building! Yeah, as soon as I arrived in Germany, I began to spit on France !
Well, perhaps I am over-reacting, you know when you find yourself in a new country, everything seems to be so great, so beautiful. About beauty, shit, you should have been here a short time ago! Let me explain : a bunch of ladies from almost everywhere in the world. Dude, it was awesome! Only that one day would have been enough for me as an Eramus exchange! But well, I could continue to write you about my phantasm, but if one day some people eventually had the crazy idea to read me, I don’t think they could care much about my sexual dreams. That’s why I just decided ( for posterity!) to talk from now on about «clichés». «Clichés» and reality: Germany, the country where everything can happen! That would be a bloody title! But an Isralian friend I would meet a couple of weeks later told me this sentence « Bloody Germany, here only the moon is shining». I can understand that for a guy from Israel, the country of Goethe does not exactly offer the sun of Zion!
Well, my letter is getting confused now, but to get back to the main subject, which was «cliché», I think it might be a good idea! Look, everything is here : different country, people from everywhere and cheap alcohol! I could write a lot of theories about human mankind! Obviously Germany and France above all! And about Germany, I could not talk about it with out mentioning this incredible capacity the Germans have to respect and follow the law. I don’t mean necesserly that French guys are all assassins or thieves, but well, we are quite far away from being the politest people on earth (besides, we have a reputation to keep!). Whereas in Germany, God, they are so different. A friend would tell me it’s a kind of hypocrisy of the Germans, but I don’t think so. They just follow the rules, the social rules I mean, like leave a seat to an elder person, help someone to carry his bags … You can be sure, that as soon as a new law is published in Germany, everyone will accept and follow it. I cannot say the same about France. By the way, I heard it is such a mess in Paris right now! Strikes again, aren’t there? If only we had a different president than this little dwarf, things would be much better I guess. But well, I get lost in my thoughts again, sorry, so I was talking about the German way of following the law, right? Well, I heard some crazy stories about it. Do you know the USA? Of course you do. Well, back in the sixties, they (Mister Milgram in fact, who was a psychologist I believe) led an experience. It was something about the capacity to obey, when someone is exposed to increasing pain. It is quite hard to explain it, most of all in a letter, so I invite you to visit our best friend Google for further infomation. Anyroad, 70% of the tested people stayed on. The other 30% just decided to give up, judging this experience unhuman. What is the link between that and Germany? Well, this experience has been also made with German people, and the result was that more than 90% of the people persisted to keep on! In dispite of the suffering! Why do I tell you that? Well, to prove you, that the Germans are quite obedient, far more than the French who would have killed all the scientists before burning down the place! Yeah, don’t try to coax any REAL French, I don’t mean all those stupid friends and supporters of Sarkozy, God, I hate them all … Hope things will change within a year!
Take good care of yourself, old friend, and I will write you again soon, to speak further about «clichés», in the meantime strike well in the country of Gavroche, dude!