Share & Connect
FB – Let’s Be Friends
Honorable Paul Hellyer, a former deputy prime minister of Canada and the longest serving current member of the Queen’s Privy Council, which is made up of “prominent Canadians appointed to advise the queen on issues of importance to the country,” has been an outspoken believer of UFOs.
Speaking to AOL News, he says he is sure other life form exists. “Oh, I’m absolutely convinced of it. These things were not invented here. And I think people have to get accustomed to this new reality,” Hellyer said. “We lived too long in a sense of isolation, thinking that Earth was the center of the cosmos, that we were the only species and, therefore, probably the most advanced. And when we come to the realization that we’re not any of those things, then I think we should be aware of it, learn to live with it and certainly try to take advantage of anything that we can learn from visitors from anywhere.”
Hellyer was one of the speakers at the annual International UFO Congress in Scottsdale, Arizona held last month. He reported that he spotted a UFO last year with his wife north of Toronto. They watched the object for about 20 minutes and were not able to determine what it was. Hellyer never discussed his beliefs about alien life form when he was a high ranking government official. “I got periodic reports on sightings and I looked at them very casually, and it was decided that about 80 percent of them were natural phenomena of one sort or another, and the other 20 percent roughly were unexplained, and therefore unidentified.”
Hellyer also accuses the United States of being actively involved in the cover-up behind UFOs and he states the U.S. have benefitted from technology obtained from aliens. “That is my belief. I do not have proof of that, but I believe that they have developed energy sources, and publicly I’m saying that if they do not exist in commercial form, that extraterrestrials would certainly give us that information if we would ask them for it and stop shooting at them.”