Share & Connect
Reinforcing its commitment to the wellbeing of New York’s Latino community, The Mount Sinai Hospital proudly premieres ¡A tu salud! (www.mountsinai.org/latino), the first ever weekly health and wellness TV series created by Mount Sinai, debuting Saturday, January 7th at 11AM on Telemundo, Channel 47.
The series will re-air Mondays and Tuesdays at 5 am. ¡ A tu salud! spotlights the key health issues plaguing the Latino community and teaches viewers how to overcome illness and take charge of their health through inspirational, informative and uplifting stories.
“Only by giving the knowledge and providing the right tools to our Latino families will we be able to engage and empower Latinos for a healthier tomorrow; and ¡A tu salud! allows us to do just that,” says Wayne Keathley, President and COO of The Mount Sinai Hospital. “This series was inspired by the three strategic goals that support Mount Sinai’s Latino approach: Educate, Engage and Empower,” concludes Keathley.
¡A tu salud! stems from Mount Sinai’s continued commitment to expand its outreach to the Hispanic community, which is disproportionately affected by serious diseases and conditions such as diabetes, HIV/AIDS, Cardiovascular and other diseases.
Each episode of ¡A tu salud! will feature the following 5 distinct medical segments:
1) La Consulta, which includes interviews with specialists, patients and other experts;
2) Caso clinico, in which inspirational human interest stories are told in the voices of real patients and their families;
3) Pregunte al Dr. Guzman , in which the series’ Executive Medical Consultant and a leading cardiologist shares with viewers useful information to improve their health;
4) Noticias medicas, which features the latest news from the medical field; and
5) Salud a tu alcance , in which resources, services and tools are provided to viewers.
“As a trusted broadcast partner to the Latino viewers, Telemundo 47 is proud to be a part of this unprecedented initiative to bring quality inspiring, educational and engaging content to the Latino community,” says Carlos Sanchez President and General Manager, Telemundo 47. ”Mount Sinai’s innovative approach marks a new milestone in our mission to offer Latinos culturally relevant local content that makes a difference in their lives,” concludes Mr. Sanchez.
Mount Sinai will support the series with a comprehensive communications and community outreach plan which includes microsites on Mount Sinai’s and Telemundo websites, radios spots, online banners, print ads and public relations outreach.
To see clips of the first episode go to: http://www.mountsinai.org/about-us/hispanic-initiatives/a-tu-saAlud