Share & Connect
FB – Let’s Be Friends
After interviewing and polling a variety of people, male and female, of all ages, from all over the U.S. with the help of friends, Facebook, and relations Toonari Post determined the top 25 things to do before you turn 25. What would you do? Some results are:
1. Go sky diving.
2. Travel outside the state you were born in. Take a road trip with friends or family. It will be the experience of a lifetime.
3. Robin, from Florida, suggests, write a letter to yourself, and open it on your 40th birthday. This letter could say what you hope you have accomplished by 40, a reminder of who you were, what you wanted from life, and a motivational speech to keep you moving forward.
4. Volunteer for an organization you care about. There are a ton of opportunities to volunteer out there. Organizations, book clubs, pottery classes, feed the homeless.
5. See your favorite band at a live concert.
6. Make a new friend. You can never have too many, and they will make the next 25 years even sweeter.
7. Take a multi-day hiking trip.
8. Casey Allen, suggests learning to play an instrument. Learning a new skill is always fun and rewarding.
9.Open a retirement account. You would be surprised at how much money you will have if you start early!
10. Learn about your elders and your family history. Ask what life was like when they were 25. You’ll wish you had once they are gone.
11. Make a dream board. Cut out and paste all the things you want to accomplish in life on a big board. Add quotes, pictures of what you want and love, words that inspire you. Get creative. Then hang it somewhere you will see it everyday. You will be surprised how much this keeps you motivated, inspired, and on track.
12. Look back on the last 25 years, and make sure you have no regrets. See where you can make personal changes for growth and accomplishment. Check yourself, and make sure you are who you want to be. Would you be friends with you? What’s changed for the better, or worse. What have you been hiding in your mind, trying to forget, not dealing with, or avoiding? Time to make changes. Make sure your soul is caught up with the whirl wind, mechanical life.
13. Step outside your adventure bubble. See snow, swim naked, swim in an ocean, fly on an airplane, cave explore, or scuba dive. Many people have not done these things.
14. Do something daring, conquer a fear. Once you see what you are capable of, you will take bigger risks, with bigger rewards in the future. Buy a snake or spider, sing karaoke, dance in public, give a speech. Whatever used to scare you, is about to run away because you’re ready to conquer!
15. Tell someone you love them. Whether it is your ex, your mother, a spiritual figure, or your dog, just say it and mean it!
16. Finish college. Some people get side tracked or life calls them in a different direction. Even if you only take one class a term, try to finish to give yourself the best opportunity.
17. Burn old bridges, make new ones, and mend broken ones. Let go of the things that are holding you back or holding you down. Explore new possibilities and step outside your bubble. Mend relationships that are important to you. Don’t let something wonderful slip away. Doing these three bridge works can clear the negativity in your life and take the weight off your shoulders.
18. Get a full body check up. You never know what may be hereditary in a perfectly healthy body. Live longer, and prosper. Getting into an exercise routine by time your 25 is a healthy start.
19. Read a classic. Open your mind to a book you would never consider. You would be surprised what you learn about life, and yourself. If reading is not something you normally do, give it a shot.
20. Have a wild night. If you have not had a “don’t tell mama night” by 25, you are missing out. Don’t do anything to hurt yourself or others, but definately try letting loose. Don’t be afraid to ignore your iphone, call into work, just this once, and dance the night away with that sexy stranger.
21. Move out. Get a job. Establish independence. Become an adult, don’t be scared. The world doesn’t fall out from under you, and it feels great to make your own way.
22. Have a yard sale. Get rid of that love letter from your fourth grade crush, and that sock that your grandmother gave you in high school that doesn’t fit. Massive clean outs are refreshing, and open the door to fresh starts. Make room for the next 25 years.
23. Get out of old habits, and make new ones. Try a new food, or restaurant.
24. Do something for someone else without them knowing. Selfless acts are rewarding, and not needing to hear praise or thank you is a lesson in humility and modesty.
25. Make your own bucket list.
Now get out there, and get to it!