Share & Connect
Within the last few months, people everywhere have been fixating on certain aspects of each candidate for the upcoming presidential election. Many will say, “How can you support that candidate? They did this or they support this!” However, the sad fact is that both candidates have several strong reasons why they should not be president. Here is a condensed version of the considerable list for each candidate, the “top five” reasons why neither candidate is ideal to even step foot into the White House.
Five Reasons Not to Vote for Barack Obama
1) “The president said he’d cut the deficit in half,” Romney said. “Unfortunately, he doubled it — trillion-dollar deficits for the last four years. The president has put in place almost as much debt held by the public as all presidents combined.”
2) Borrowing money from China is forcing America even more in debt and making China that much more powerful.
3) He makes excuses for his shortcomings, perhaps his most prominent being that Bush left this country so far in debt and destruction, so Obama has not been able to make many changes. It is clearly Bush’s fault, even though Obama knew the challenges when he campaigned for president.
4) Other than enacting Obamacare, he has done nothing he has promised within the last four years…but that is Bush’s fault, right?
5) Many connect Obama’s views and policies to socialism and communism.
Five Reasons Not to Vote for Mitt Romney
1) Romney has promised to immediately take away federal funding for Planned Parenthood, ultimately taking away vital resources to women.
2) Since Romney grew up wealthy, he will make changes to support the rich. What will happen to the middle class?
3) According to “I Acknowledge Class Warfare Exists,” 203 Republicans voted to make abortion illegal for rape victims in July 2012. As a Republican, Romney punishes the victims of rape.
4) Romney has Mormon beliefs that heavily influence his policies and treatment of women.
5) He is not for gay marriage and gay rights like Obama.
These are some of the main reasons people are totally against one candidate, but what people forget or disregard is the fact that the candidate they support is not perfect. Both candidates have clear flaws and compelling reasons they should or should not be president. As voters, we should be well aware of both candidates’ flaws so we can make more of an educated, informed choice.
Image Courtesy : Center for American Progress Action Fund from Washington, DC (Barack Obama at Las Vegas Presidential Forum) [CC-BY-SA-2.0